Charter Schools are:
- A publicly funded school; Free of charge;
- Nonsectarian; Non-discriminatory;
- Required to meet the requirements of the Common Core Standards;
- Staffed with highly qualified, credentialed teachers in all core subjects;
- Open to any student who wishes to attend (based on space availability).
2019-2020 Enrollment Timeline:
- This is not a first come, first enrolled process.
- Each application will be day/time stamped to verify it is turned.
- Students will receive priority for enrollment in the following order:
- Students currently enrolled at Sequoia Union
- Students who live within the traditional boundaries of Sequoia Union prior to the conversion (District Residence).
- Children of School Employees
- Siblings of existing students
- Students who reside outside of the District.
- Lottery Process
- All applicants will receive an identifying student number;
- Those numbers will be used to identify the student during the lottery;
- No names will be announced that evening and attendance does not affect enrollment order.
- If Enrolled:
- All families will be notified and with your notification you will receive an enrollment packet.
- If NOT Enrolled:
- All students not enrolled will be notified of their place on the Admissions Priority List.
- As soon as an opening occurs, the Admissions Priority List will be used to offer enrollment to the next student in that grade on the list.
- To ensure a quality educational experience for all students, Sequoia Union will follow an established growth plan that includes adding the majority of students in grades Kindergarten through Third Grade.
- If your child is not in one of these grades:
- You can still submit an application and we will use the same process to establish an Admissions Priority List for each grade. If an opening occurs, we will contact families in the order they are on the Admissions Priority List.