Sequoia Union Agriculture Focus
Sequoia Union is working toward the goal of becoming a district charter. One of the main requirements in attaining a district charter is to choose a focus. Having a specific focus sets our organization apart from other schools in the area. Given our geographic location and the abundance of agriculture in our immediate vicinity, an agriculture based focus is a logical choice for Sequoia Union. The fundamental mission of the Sequoia Union Agriculture Program is to meet the needs of its students by providing educational experiences in the field of agriculture necessary to develop their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and preparedness for higher levels of education.
The mission of agricultural education is to provide a total dynamic educational system at Sequoia Union. We aspire to excellence as we recruit, prepare and support individual’s agricultural careers. We serve our students and inform them about agriculture, its needs, opportunities and challenges.
- Correlate current standards by integrating agriculture and expand programs about agriculture.
- Serve all students and groups equally.
- Amplify and expand the “whole person” concept of education including leadership, personal and interpersonal skills.
- Develop educational programs that continually and systematically respond to the trends and demands of today’s rigorous educational system.
- Provide the stimuli that will foster the spirit of free enterprise and develop creative entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Provide leadership and cultivate strong partnerships in the total education system.
- Elevate and extend our standards of excellence in classroom instruction, supervised experience, and student organizations.
Workshop by Ciara Machado
Students worked to make bouquets for their mothers.
Our school won the Carton to Garden Grant for $2,000
Watch the video that helped us win!
Grant's Our Ag Program has Received
- County Farm Bureau Grant...$500.00
- Target Field Trip Grant...$700.00
- Donor's Choose...$1062.21
- CalRTA Classroom Grant...$356.89
- California Fertilizer Foundation...$1,200.00
- Carton 2 Garden Stem Award...$2,500.00
- Lowe's Grant...$5,000.00