The Sequoia Union Parent Guild presents the 2018 Fall Carnival
You don't want to miss this event! At 5:30 pm the chow bell rings, so come hungry and ready to enjoy a western-style chuckwagon dinner ($8 adult, $5 child). Throw in a round or two of Bingo while you eat and follow it up with a mosey through the vast silent auction. Send the kids to play at our many carnival booths (tickets are just $0.25 each and most games take 2 tickets), bounce through the blow-up obstacle course, or ride the mechanical bull. Grab a soda, popcorn, or snow cone and take a spin around the cake walk! It's a night full of family fun for all ages. Don't forget to visit the photo booth to seal those memories and come again next year!
The annual fall carnival is Sequoia Union's biggest fundraiser of the year. 100% of the funds raised at the carnival are used for the school's field trips, performing arts programs, National History Day competitors, and school assemblies, sports equipment, and uniforms. Last year the Parent Guild's efforts raised approximately $29,000 for our kids!!
Here's the thing....we wouldn't be able to have this great event without your help! There are so many ways to help out, pick something that fits you. Here are some ideas:
- We are looking for auction items or monetary donation to purchase items for the auction. The Parent Guild has a Federal Tax ID #46-3110443 so all donations are 100% tax deductible! Send items or donations to the office, call 559-564-2106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pickup.
- Parents: sign up to cover your child's game booth. Half an hour slots with your kiddo. It goes by so fast and ends up being lot of fun! Your room parent will be contacting you for help.
- Each classroom has a basket theme. Please send all donation items in with your child to be included in the classroom basket.
- Sell raffle tickets! There are more tickets in the office to sell if you run out. Make sure your child's name and teacher are on the envelope so we can keep track of who sells the most for the ticket sales contest!
- Poster Contest is going on right now and all posters need to be turned into the office by September 21st in order to be eligible.
- We always need pies, cakes and desserts donated for the cake walk. Please send them to the office by October 5th.
- Help out on Friday, October 5th during the school day setting up games and wrapping baskets.
- Chicken drop squares are available for purchase in the office. $2 a square helps the 8th grade raise money for their trip at the end of the year. The winner gets 1/2 the money raised!!!
- Invite everyone you think might be interested in a night of family fun to join us on Saturday, October 6th from 5:30 to 9pm!
We can't wait to make this year another success and raise a record breaking amount for our kiddos with you!