JANUARY 23RD UPDATE:
DUE TO A SCHEDULING CONFLICT we are sorry to announce our January 23rd meeting has been cancelled. If you planned on attending this meeting and can not attend a Friday tour, please contact the school at 559-564-2106 to schedule a tour or meeting with Dr. Powell.
Charter Schools are:
- A publicly funded school; Free of charge;
- Nonsectarian; Non-discriminatory;
- Required to meet the requirements of the Common Core Standards;
- Staffed with highly qualified, credentialed teachers in all core subjects;
- Open to any student who wishes to attend (based on space availability).
2017-2018 Enrollment Timeline:
- Our Open Enrollment will begin January 3rd, 2017 and will close February 9th, 2017 at NOON.
- This is not a first come, first enrolled process.
- Each application will be day/time stamped to verify it is turned in before February 9th at noon.
- School tours will be offered January 20th and 27th beginning at 9:00am. Remember to call ahead to reserve your place on a tour. Spanish translation will be provided for all schedule tours and informational meetings. Please call to reserve your spot!
- If the number of student enrollment requests are greater than the number of spots available, there will be a Lottery on February 9th at 5:00pm in the Gym. Attendance of lottery has no effect on enrollment outcome.
- There will be an informational meeting on February 23rd at 6:00pm in the school gym for students who have been accepte
- Students will receive priority for enrollment in the following order:
- Students currently enrolled at Sequoia Union
- Students who live within the traditional boundaries of Sequoia Union prior to the conversion (District Residence).
- Children of School Employees
- Siblings of existing students
- Students who reside outside of the District.
- Lottery Process
- On February 9th at 5:00pm, there will be a random lottery held in the Gym;
- All applicants will receive an identifying student number;
- Those numbers will be used to identify the student during the lottery;
- No names will be announced that evening and attendance does not affect enrollment order.
- If Enrolled:
- All families will be notified by late February and with your notification, you will receive an enrollment packet.
- If NOT Enrolled:
- All students not enrolled will be notified of their place on the Admissions Priority List by February 24th
- As soon as an opening occurs, the Admissions Priority List will be used to offer enrollment to the next student in that grade on the list.
- To ensure a quality educational experience for all students, Sequoia Union will follow an established growth plan that includes adding the majority of students in grades Kindergarten through Third Grade.
- If your child is not in one of these grades:
- You can still submit an application and we will use the same process to establish an Admissions Priority List for each grade. If an opening occurs, we will contact families in the order they are on the Admissions Priority List.